Bitcoin is an autonomous digital asset that runs on a decentralized network – blockchain. Its inception dates back to 2009 when an unidentified person or group of individuals, using the pseudonym Satoshi Nakamoto, launched it. Bitcoin distinguishes itself by functioning independently of any central body, be it a governmental authority or financial establishment. This characteristic renders it a transparent and independent form of money. Bitcoin is listed on all crypto platforms, and BTC USDT is one of the most traded pairs.
How much does a Bitcoin cost? In May 2023, the price of BTC ranges between $29 and $26. As of May 16, 2023, the price is $27,012.
Where to Buy Bitcoin?
There are some avenues to obtain Bitcoin:
- Bitcoin mining involves the utilization of specialized programs and machines for solving intricate math tasks. This process enhances security and verifies transactions. Miners receive newly produced coins as payment for their contributions.
- Exchanges. Bitcoin can be acquired on online platforms that provide instruments for buying, selling, and trading crypto. These exchanges accept various payment methods, including bank transfers, credit/debit cards, and other crypto coins. Examples are WhiteBIT, Huobi, and Kucoin.
- P2p transactions. Bitcoin can be obtained through direct transactions with people who already possess Bitcoin. Platforms and websites facilitate these peer-to-peer exchanges, connecting buyers and sellers directly.
- Earnings and payments. Some companies and individuals accept BTC as payment for things, services, or freelance work. By offering their products or expertise, people can earn BTC using this method.
- Bitcoin ATMs are physical machines that enable users to buy BTC using cash or other supported payment methods. These ATMs are linked to crypto platforms and offer a convenient means of acquiring Bitcoin.
- Bitcoin faucets and airdrops. Bitcoin faucets are websites or applications that reward users with small amounts of Bitcoin for completing tasks or viewing advertisements. Airdrops function similarly, offering people free Bitcoin or other cryptos as part of promotional campaigns.
It is worth noting that the availability and accessibility of these methods may vary depending on your location and local regulations. Additionally, it is essential to prioritize security measures such as using reputable exchanges, safeguarding your private keys, and exercising caution to avoid potential scams within the cryptocurrency realm.