Contrary to popular belief, urologists treat both men and women. Patients often don’t understand the conditions for which they need the expertise of a urologist. For the unversed, urology focuses on the urinary system, including the kidneys and the prostate gland. If you are wondering whether you should see a urologist Brooklyn New York, here are seven reasons at a glance.
- You have blood in your urine. There could be several reasons why you have blood in your urine, including hematuria, and this is not a symptom that you can ignore. It could be related to an infection of the urinary tract, and no matter the underlying condition, you need medical care.
- You have erectile dysfunction (ED). If you have trouble getting or retaining an erection, you should see a urologist immediately. Erectile dysfunction (ED) is extremely common and could be associated with various factors, including stress and hormonal changes.
- You want to consider a vasectomy. If you and your partner want to go for permanent birth control, you can consider male sterilization, also known as a vasectomy. The procedure is extremely effective for contraception and doesn’t involve as many risks.
- You have a high Prostate Specific Antigen (PSA). The Prostate Specific Antigen (PSA) levels indicate various conditions, including prostate cancer. If your levels are elevated, do not delay seeking an appointment with a top clinic in Brooklyn.
- You are dealing with incontinence. If you have lost bladder control, you have incontinence, which can be treated. Many factors could be responsible for incontinence, and a urologist can help treat the same. You should also see a doctor when you have pain in your penis or testicles.
- You have a Urinary Tract Infection. Also called a UTI, a Urinary Tract Infection can cause symptoms like burning sensation and pain. The discomfort may get worse if not treated, and it is best to check with a urologist who will recommend antibiotics.
- You are experiencing painful urination. If you are having pain while urinating, it could be a sign of an infection, or there could be other concerns like kidney stones. You should check with a urologist to know the case and determine the right line of treatment.
Whether you are a man who needs help with reproductive health or a woman dealing with bladder concerns, get help before your symptoms or concerns worsen. You can check online to find local clinics in Brooklyn.